We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Drive for the Environment and the Future at MXI!
MXI does great things for the environment and is a great environment to work at! We offer competitive pay, benefits, and excellent equipment. Join us and our mission of creating a cleaner and more sustainable environment for our children and future generations.
Properly dealing with Hazardous Materials is very important to the security of our environmental and our nation. When you drive with MXI you help clean the environment everyday.
Other benefits include:
- Earning top pay
- Lots of Home time
- Running dedicated routes
- Work in a small business where you considered family
MXI values and takes care of their drivers. If you are tired of being treated as just a number by your employer then you’ll be happy to come work for MXI.
Please fill out the application below for more details. If you are having trouble with the application please John Yarber direct at 276-628-6636 ext 212 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Not compatible with internet explorer
HHW Environmental Technician Positions
MXI is always looking for hard working individuals to work at local household hazardous waste events (HHW) on the weekends. It is mostly Saturdays but there are some Sundays and few weekday jobs as well. Hours vary but are generally its onsite by 7am and offsite around 4pm. If its busy we cleanup may take a bit longer.
Environmental Technician Position Details
No special skills are required. Just a good attitude and hard work. We are always looking for truck drivers, skilled forklift operators, people with degrees in science, or people with experience in hazardous waste management. All of these special skills would qualify you for a higher starting pay.
New staff would be responsible for safely unloading waste from citizens’ cars and safely transporting to a sortation area occupied by highly trained staff.
Pay begins at $150 a day with no experience and can grow to as high as $350 a day. The following attributes would qualify you for a $250 starting rate or higher:
Bachelor’s Degree in Science from an accredited college/university located in the United States
CURRENT 40 Hour HAZWOPER training certificate.
Class A CDL with a Hazmat endorsement
Forklift Operators licence/training documentation
*Need to provide documentation to qualify for higher pay.
CPR & First aid certifications earn an extra $25 per event automatically.
New staff would be required to complete an online company training seminar before working the event. The company provides an extra $25 in the first paycheck as compensation for the training.
- Transportation to and from the job
- Complete online training (will receive $25 in first paycheck for training)
- Jeans and work boots onsite (company provides all other personal protective equipment)
- Ability to lift 40lb repeatedly
- Ability to be on feet for better part of 8 hours
- Good work ethic and a great attitude
- PAID SAME DAY!
- Pay increase to as much as $350 per event
- Breakfast and lunch provided on the job
- Excellent resume experience (see below)
- Recruiting bonuses for signing up friends and associates to work with you
- Will provide letters of recommendation for hard working individuals we invite back! They are an excellent tool for future job interviews.
Just to give you some background on what we do, HHWs are events sponsored by the local waste authorities that provide residents a place to drop off their hazmat waste for proper disposal, such as paint, oil, gas/thinners, pesticides, cleaners, pool chemicals, aerosol cans, propane, bulbs, batteries, ect. Our company, MXI Environmental Services, is a private company that bids on managing these events. We provide trucks, equipment, and staff to manage the collection of the waste, characterize it, pack it in proper UN rate containers, and load it to ship into permitted trucks. LOCATIONS VARY EVERY WEEKEND.
No experience in the Environmental field is necessary. Best asset for candidates is a strong work ethic. The company values and rewards hard work. Those who do not work hard will not be invited back to work regardless of past experience or credentials.
For more information on the company and the events please check out MXI Environmental Services on Facebook and look through the pictures of the events.
- Where are the events? Locations vary every weekend.
- Does the company provide transportation? For local and in state jobs the company does not. You are expected to transport yourself. For out of state jobs the company has provided travel bonuses on a case to case basis.
- How do we pay? With a hard check same day at the end of the event.
- How do you get to $350 per day? That is the rate for the project manager. You need at least 1 full year experience working the job. You must be trained on all job functions and prove you are reliable. It does not happen overnight but we will train the right candidate.
Please apply using the link above. A company representative will be in touch shortly.