MXI Environmental Services had an HHW event in Mahwah NJ last Saturday 9/9/2017. We took in 1424 cars full of household hazardous waste! Here are some pictures of the event. You can also see them on our facebook page here !
September 13th, 2017
September 7th, 2017
Bleach and Ammonia are common household items. Bleach cleans stains out of white clothes and is an excellent cleaner of mold. Ammonia is also an excellent cleaner. When separated, both can be dangerous. Bleach can blind you if it gets in your eyes and poison you if swallowed. Exposure can lead to irritation of the eyes, mouth, lungs, and skin. People with breathing issues, such as asthma, are particularly vulnerable to bleach exposure. The fumes can deteriorate the lung and esophagus lining,…READ ARTICLE
President and CEO Ron Potter was pleasantly surprised while opening his mail at his desk on 5/31. Tucked inside an envelope was a letter from Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. praising MXI for a successful event and for the company’s efforts to raise environmental awareness. Inside was also a picture taken at the event of Mr. Potter with Mr. DiVincenzo and other key county employees. “It was a wonderful gesture from Mr. DiVincenzo. He doesn’t have to do that. It’s very…READ ARTICLE
May 31st, 2017
Corrosive Liquids can be acids and caustics. They are determined by pH, which is a measure of the hydorgen ion concentration of a solution. Acids have a low pH and the caustics we are discussing have a high PH. Although most cleaners are slightly caustic, some are extremely dangerous and can cause severe chemical burns. Most cleaners in the store are weak bases. They should still be handled with gloves, safety glasses, and extreme care. If you get some on you clean with soap and water….READ ARTICLE